After a series of destructive arson fires, the Three Bridges Volunteer Fire Company #1 (TBVFC) was established on May 27, 1927 at the Riverside Grange (now Luna's Pizza) by a group of citizens. When funds were raised, the newly formed fire company moved into a vacant shop (now the Three Bridges Library) and purchased our first fire engine, a 1927 REO Speedwagon Chemical Pumper built by Foamite Childs. In 1953, TBVFC moved into the old Three Bridges School, which received a major addition in 1979 and continues to serve as our Station 1.
During the past 85 years, TBVFC has provided emergency services to the town of Three Bridges and the surrounding local community of Readington Township.
Since its inception, TBVFC has continued to respond to all types of emergency incidents in the local community, including support for the tragedy of September 11, 2001.
Some of our current responsibilities include fire suppression, motor vehicle incidents, and Hazardous Materials responses, with support to mutually responding rescue squads of Flemington/Raritan and Whitehouse Station in Central New Jersey.
Feel free to browse our website and contact us if you are interested in membership or hall rental.
467 Main St.
Three Bridges, NJ 08887
Rt. 523 & Ryerson Rd.
Flemington, NJ 08822